When you are a kind of person like me who loves to bake, I have some great toppings for you. I found these great recipes that you will surely love. These are not only going to make your baking interesting but this are also good for you because of the less calories and fat. These are 5 easy yogurt toppings. Instead of using buttermilk, sour cream, whipping cream, or milk in your favorite recipes tries to substitute yogurt. This will give your baked goods a creamy texture, a terrific taste and moistness plus it is less fat and calories. You can also blend this with your batters and dough's. Just add 1-2 tablespoons of milk if needed to thin the batter.
1. Icing: Use vanilla, strawberry or peach yogurt in place of butter or margarine in your favorite icing recipes.
2. Fruity Topping: Combine 1/2 cup plain or flavored yogurt with 1/2 cup any flavor fruit preserves. Serve over pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
3. Glaze: Brush yogurt over your favorite muffins or scones before baking; sprinkle with sugar and grated orange peel.
4. Chocolate Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup chocolate topping. Spoon over angel food or pound cake, gingerbread, or cupcakes; top with fresh berries.
5. Caramel Drizzle: Combine 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup caramel topping. Drizzle over apples, pears, cakes or cookies.
Create delicious, healthier toppings for your baked goods!