Monday, February 23, 2009

Reduce Your Stress

According to the article I read people who have higher levels of stress can affect their ability to do routine in the gym. The researchers found that being stressed out could reduce a person's ability to adjust to a new training program. A study conducted at the University of Texas showed that people with lower levels of stress had larger strength gains after doing the bench press and squat than participants with higher levels of stress. Next time you plan to try another routine, resolve any problems you may have in your life. Reduce your stress, try meditation before you decide to go back to gym and hit the weights.

3 Comments:

Ron Centeno said...

I definitely agree with this study. Whenever I'm stressed before my workout, it reduces my strength and endurance.

Anonymous said...

hi just dropin by here and reading new posts..hope you visit me too..

Bill said...

I also agree if you are stressed it is very hard to do anything.

 
Health, Nutrition and Beauty Tips - Templates para novo blogger 2007